Student - Parent - Educator Compact
PAMLICO COUNTY MIDDLE SCHOOL
2023-2024 Student - Parent - Educator Compact
As a STUDENT at PCMS, I promise to:
- Attend school daily and on time.
- Exhibit a positive attitude and strive for excellence.
- Follow all school rules as outlined in the handbook.
- Respect myself, others, and their property.
- Share school work, notices, and information with my family.
- Complete all school work and homework to the best of my ability, in a timely manner.
Signed: ______________________________________ (student) Date: ___________________
As PARENTS at PCMS, we promise to:
- Access the Parent and Student Handbook and Pamlico County Schools Policy Manual to find important information.
- Encourage my child to do his/her best.
- Make an effort to attend conferences, PTO meetings, and other school events.
- Support my child's learning at home.
- Ensure my child is well rested, attends school regularly-limiting tardies and early dismissals.
- Review all school communications and respond the following day or as requested.
- Praise my child for following rules, showing respect, and meeting academic goals.
- Review my child's work and communicate with the school.
Signed: ______________________________________ (Parent) Date: ___________________
As EDUCATORS at PCMS, we promise to:
- Read/discuss the PCMS Student Handbook with your child.
- Create a positive environment for learning and mutual respect.
- Encourage parents/guardians to volunteer.
- Expect and demonstrate high expectations.
- Provide rigorous and relevant instruction based on the North Carolina Standard Course of Study.
- Employ research-based best practices and teaching methods.
- Provide enrichment and remediation opportunities.
- Keep parents informed in a timely manner. Provide parents with information sessions, conferences, and events that promote learning.
- Involve parents/guardians in the development and review of school-wide plans.
- Promote a safe and orderly environment.
Signed: _______________________________________ (Teacher) Date: __________________