The Arts at PCMS
Arts Education benefits both students and society, because students of the arts disciplines gain powerful tools for:
- understanding human experiences, both past and present;
- teamwork and collaboration;
- making decisions creatively and solving problems, when no prescribed answers exist;
- adapting to and respecting others' diverse ways of thinking, working, and expressing themselves;
- understanding the influence of the arts and their power to create and reflect cultures;
- analyzing nonverbal communication, and making informed judgments about products and issues; and,
- communicating effectively.
Pamlico County Middle School offers students the opportunity to take courses in the Visual and Performing Arts. For information about The Arts at PCMS, contact Ms. Karen Spruill, Arts Coordinator for Pamlico County Schools.